PILATES TRAINING FOR EVERYONE
A program that supports you wherever you are in your Pilates journey. From enthusiasts to career- changers, Polestar’s comprehensive teacher training serves as both a professional training and a journey of personal growth.
The Polestar Comprehensive Journey
Our 474-Hour curriculum honors the tradition of classical Pilates movements while equipping students with the tools to adapt the Pilates method to any and all clients. Polestar Teacher Trainings empower critical thinking through concepts rather than repertoire. Our delivery is a hybrid of online lectures and in-person modules that give support throughout the entirety of the training.
Download Our Catalog
Our program will equip you to:
- Teach Pilates movements on all the Pilates apparatus (Reformer, Trapeze Table, Chair, Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector)
- Understand precautions, contraindications and modifications for injury and special populations
- Utilize tactile cueing to provide hands-on guidance
- Employ neuro-linguistic techniques and imagery to give meaningful cues
- Build confidence through observation and practice teaching
- Assess and develop thoughtful programs for any client
- Prepare meaningful sequences based on Polestar’s sequencing design protocol
The hybrid course consists of online learning modules followed by in-person labs and virtual discussions that allow you to evaluate the practical applications of Pilates exercises, develop assessment techniques, understand movement sequences, and modify exercises and programs for individuals. Completion of the Polestar Pilates Comprehensive Program qualifies you to sit for the National Pilates Certification Program exam.
- Completion of Principles Online
- Completion of Comprehensive Mat Foundations Online
- Participation in 25 hours of group or private Pilates classes at any location. Training with a Polestar Instructor is encouraged but not required
- STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Polestar Anatomy Course or completion of one semester of basic anatomy/physiology or equivalent
- To qualify for the Rehabilitation diploma, you must be a licensed or certified health care professional (MD, PT, DO, DC, ATC). All other applicants qualify for the Studio diploma.